MADE IN GERMANY
The ThinkTank Fusion PRO provides control of all functions of your tank, half-track or truck with one or two driving motors and supports steering by chains and/or up to three steering axles. It is designed for anything from the basic to the more elaborated vehicles with sophisticated functions.
Revision F is the latest version of the successful Fusion series, and now features the ability to handle a smoker generator with separated heater and fan on board.
A model and a common RC-radio and receiver with two to eight channels. Alternatively the vehicle may be controlled by a computer or tablet (Android®) via Bluetooth technology. For this option a separately available Bluetooth dongle is required.
Scope of Delivery
- Ready to use electronic board.
- Power supply cables.
- Two connecting plugs for drive motors.
- All necessary cables for the RC receiver.
- Rotary knob for volume control and connecting cable for loudspeaker.
- USB dongle and an USB cable for connecting with a Windows® or Apple® computer for configuration and vehicle control using the free for use ElMod App.
- Cables for additional light sources.
- A cable extension/adapter for the turret connection.
- Two 10A strong chain motor drivers (up to 30 Amps peak each motor), short circuit and overload protected.
- Optional connection of up to two external drivers for alternative motor types (for example brushless motors).
- Support for overlay gearbox.
- Physics engine 2.0: a driving experience of commanding a heavy vehicle by simulation of mass inert.
- All parameters of the physics engine are adjustable.
- Configurable steering with chains (may also be deactivated).
- Configurable spin turn (may also be deactivated).
- Steering of up to three individually configurable axles by servos with optional speed dependent steering lock angle.
Turret and weapon functions
- HengLong® compatible turret connector.
- Optionally available adapter for a Tamiya® turret group.
- Full proportional turret rotation with a motor (max. 2 A).
- Full proportional elevation of the main gun with a motor (max. 2 A).
- Control of a shot/recoil motor (max. 2 A).
- Support for Tamiya® barrel recoil mechanics with independently configurable retraction and extraction speed.
- Support for HengLong® and Taigen® recoil mechanics with utilization of the barrel end position switch for shot sound synchronization.
- Support for Taigen® servo PCB.
- Simulation of the barrel recoil by a servo with independently configurable. Retraction and extraction speed and configurable steering lock angle.
- Connection for Taigen® Xenon flash and HengLong® LED muzzle flash.
- MG muzzle flash may be connected directly by LED with configurable rate of fire.
- Full proportional traversion of the main gun by a servo.
- Full proportional elevation of the main gun by a servo.
- Optional accentuation of the gun recoil by adjustable drive jolt.
Lighting and miscellaneous functions
- One to two LEDs may be connected to all light channels.
- No further wiring or additional resistors are necessary.
- All light channels are short circuit protected. The LEDs can’t be damaged by false polarity.
- Included connector contacts and housings are sufficient for all light sources.
- Front light may be dimmed and switched on and off by the radio.
- An additional light (for example camo light) may be dimmed and switched off by the radio.
- The brightness of the combined rear lights and brake light may be adjusted separately.
- Support for a smoke unit with smoke emission depending on engine load and motor sound.
- Two type of smokers are supported: ones that provides a single connector for the heater and the fan or ones that provides separated connectors for the heater and the fan
- Widely configurable control of additional functions by servos, e.g. activate/deactivate windshield wiper or a hatch.
- Support of all ElMod sample sets for particularly prototypical sound playing.
- Integrated sound unit plays several different sounds simultaneously.
- Sound types:
- Various sound events: several motor start sounds with distinction between cold start and warm start, several engine off sounds. Engine sounds for the movement with simulated gear change, distinguishing between acceleration, cruising and braking. No audible steps between the engine sounds.
- Optional collateral driving noises such as chassis squeal and optional surrounding noises.
- Turret rotation sounds with optional distinction of operation with or without main engine running.
- Sound for elevation of the main gun.
- Shooting sound for MG.
- Optional shooting sound for auxiliary MG.
- Fire of the main gun (single shot or full-automatic fire).
- Variable sounds for the projectile’s impact with simulation of the impact in different distances.
- Up to 24 sounds that can be freely triggered by the user, like a horn.
- Plain text announcement if battery voltage is too high/low.
- Sounds for the IR battle mode.
- Separate volume control of every sound type (for example the engine noise) and extensive configuration of the sound parameters.
- Adjustment of the entire volume by the provided rotary knob.
- All sample sets are provided on a microSD card. They can be activated by the free to use ElMod App without restarting the Fusion board.
- Integrated digital audio amplifier for the connection of a 8 Ohm loudspeaker.
- Connection of up to three servos with the operation modes barrel recoil, steering, main gun elevation and traversion, hatch function, windshield wiping.
- Max. 1,5 A constant current consumption for all servos together.
- Control with a common RC gear (radio and receiver, 40 MHz or 2.4 GHz) with at least two channels (acceleration and steering). Five channels are necessary for the control of all options.
- Connection of up to eight channels. Two channels are reserved for up to eight user defined functions.
- The receiver does not need an additional battery. 5V BEC are supplied.
- Via the free ElMod App for Windows®, MacOS® or Android® devices. Requires the optional Bluetooth adapter.
IR battle functions
- Connection with an optionally available adapter to Tamiya® Battle Unit, HengLong®/Taigen® battle option or ElMod® Battle Set.
- Simple configuration with just one push button.
- Selectable vehicle type: light, medium, heavy.
- Large configuration possibilities on a computer with the free to use ElMod App. A USB dongle and an USB cable is provided.
- Parameterization, status information and control of all vehicle functions.
- Individual vehicle profiles may be created and saved.
- Operation with NiCd-, NiMh- or LiPo-Batteries with a voltage between 7.2 V and 12 V.
- Under voltage shut down for protection against deep discharge.
- Overvoltage shut-down.
- Integrated 10 A mini fuse for the drive protection.
- Integrated, resettable SMD-fuse for the protection of the turret functions.
- Compact size: 92mm x 55mm(3,6″x2,2″).
Which ElMod FUSION board do i need?
The differences between ECO and PRO. All other features are identical in both variants.
|Fusion ECO||Fusion PRO|
|Supply voltage||7,2 – 10 V||7,2 – 12 V|
|Battery types||NiMh (6 – 8 cells)
|NiMh (6 – 10 cells)
LiPo (2S, 3S)
|Radio||at least 2 channels
5 required channels for all functions
1 channel configurable with up to four user functions
|at least 2 channels
5 required channels for all functions
2 channels configurable with up to eight user functions
1 channel for optional volume control by radio
|Servo||1 (barrel recoil or steering axle)||3 (widely configurable)|
|Max. servo current||0,8 A peak||1,5 A sustaining|
|Lighting||Main light (1 or 2 LEDs)
LED muzzle flash or Taigen® Xenon Flash
LED MG Flash
|Main light (1 or 2 LEDs)
Combined rear light/brake light (1 or 2 LEDs)
Aux light (1 or 2 LEDs)
LED muzzle flash or Taigen® Xenon Flash
LED main MG flash
LED aux MG flash
|Volume control||by provided rotary knob||by provided rotary knob
or remotely by radio
Version: Revision F
Online Manual can be downloaded here
Manual is also supplied with product